Tuners Of Los Angeles
Welcome to TLA! If you are a new user be sure to check the TLAID Database for your TLA Identification Number! This can be used to meet new drivers on the street as well as score discounts from some of the local performance shops and vendors! Thank you.
Tuners Of Los Angeles
Welcome to TLA! If you are a new user be sure to check the TLAID Database for your TLA Identification Number! This can be used to meet new drivers on the street as well as score discounts from some of the local performance shops and vendors! Thank you.
Tuners Of Los Angeles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all the tuner drivers and enthusiasts from the Los Angeles County area and our neighboring cities.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) Empty
PostSubject: Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)   Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:39 am

anybody want to share past experiences with cops with your ride?

i'll start

Pulled over for these reasons:
-car is too low
-tailights are too dim
-tailights are too dark
-exhaust is too loud
-illegal modifications

did i get a ticket?

Nevada plates yo Cool
Back to top Go down
Aleksey
Admin
Aleksey

PostSubject: Re: Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)   Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:02 am

Ive had a few less then stellar experiences with LA's finest but my favorite had to be back in February. I was driving home from a friends house in the San Fernando Valley. The specific incident happened on Devonshire and Balboa in Granada Hills. It was about 10:30pm and I was driving down a hill with no other traffic, with the exception of one squad car. Naturally I was playing it cool, driving 35mph on the dot making sure I didn't make the turbo spool or anything. The officers involved Jefferson (Badge #55602) and Calgate(?) (Badge #54344). The officers sped up to my window and proceeded to flash there lights inside my cabin.

After the next traffic light I saw the all too familiar blue and red lights in my rear view mirror. I pulled over and played it cool. I was very polite to the first officer that approached me. However, he seemed very hostile and forced me to step out of my car without requesting my documentation or anything else. Next thing I know I am on the ground getting handcuffed and 9mm Barretta pointed every so casually at the small of my spine. The officers proceed to throw me in the squad car without so much as a weird... Force a field sobriety test on me. Search my car without so much as telling me, and then calling in a secondary backup unit. They proceed to question me vigioursly.

"Where are you coming from?"

"Why are you out this late?"

"Have you ever been arrested for drug related offenses"

The next step was for them to pat me on the back, un-cuff me, and issue me a citation for my "illegal limo tint". Here is the kicker, I have no prior arrests, warrants, or any other sort of criminal history other then a then, unpaid parking ticket. Too boot my Jetta has the stock Volkswagon factory tint. Upon calmly explaining this to the officer they proceeded to inform me "Just because a car company includes something in your car, that does not mean that it is legal" which is completely ludicrous. Obviously Volkswagon would not make a product that is illegal to use in the United States. I asked for the officers badge numbers and proceeded on my way home. The next morning I went down to the Granada Hills LAPD branch and reported the oh so kind and gentle officers to there Sergeant, needless to say he was nowhere near pleased. The look on there faces was priceless. The Sergeant pulled the tape from there on-dash camera and played for all four of us. Needless to say all is well that ends well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/alekseyroyt/ardesigns
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)   Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:07 am

Wow, thats all i got to say.
Back to top Go down
Aleksey
Admin
Aleksey

PostSubject: Re: Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)   Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:09 am

Pretty awesome I know!
Back to top Go down
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)   Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:12 am

lol!

Back to top Go down
Derke

Derke

PostSubject: Re: Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)   Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Lot o cops in my family, so most cop encounters (DUI checkpoints etc) are pretty friendly chats. Only ticket I ever got written got dismissed by the judge. The guy who pulled me over was a nub and did the professional run-down even though, at the time, I was 18 and had a deer-in-headlights look (i.e. very non-threatening). He wrote me for a stop sign, not the light that he said I was at. Penal code was ending in (a) not (b). Took pictures of the intersection and it was dismissed. I didn't even run the red light anyways, I was making a right and after stopping (to text on my phone, back when that was legal) I inched forward to ensure no one was coming before hauling off. He was coming from an odd angle and probably thought I rolled through it. This was back when I had my jeep.. my cobalt has never seen the red and blue flashers Smile

Every other encounter with the police, they simply chill behind me for a while and then turn elsewhere. I'll even be speeding.. the trick is to not go more than 10 miles over and yer usually good, because those less-than-ten tickets can be dismissed as an error on the cop/speedometer's part. Half the time a cop is behind you, they're just trying to get somewhere in a hurry anyways. The ones to watch out for are the ones stopped on the side waiting for you to drive by. I also hear cops like domestic over imports.. but if you're tuned out it prolly doesn't matter.

Aleksey: Your story is epic. Not many get a happy ending like that. Good thing you went to their sergeant, not the desk officer. A lot o cops join just to be dicks and wield power, screw them. Gives the rest a bad name.
Back to top Go down
Aleksey
Admin
Aleksey

PostSubject: Re: Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)   Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:06 am

Derke wrote:
Lot o cops in my family, so most cop encounters (DUI checkpoints etc) are pretty friendly chats. Only ticket I ever got written got dismissed by the judge. The guy who pulled me over was a nub and did the professional run-down even though, at the time, I was 18 and had a deer-in-headlights look (i.e. very non-threatening). He wrote me for a stop sign, not the light that he said I was at. Penal code was ending in (a) not (b). Took pictures of the intersection and it was dismissed. I didn't even run the red light anyways, I was making a right and after stopping (to text on my phone, back when that was legal) I inched forward to ensure no one was coming before hauling off. He was coming from an odd angle and probably thought I rolled through it. This was back when I had my jeep.. my cobalt has never seen the red and blue flashers Smile

Every other encounter with the police, they simply chill behind me for a while and then turn elsewhere. I'll even be speeding.. the trick is to not go more than 10 miles over and yer usually good, because those less-than-ten tickets can be dismissed as an error on the cop/speedometer's part. Half the time a cop is behind you, they're just trying to get somewhere in a hurry anyways. The ones to watch out for are the ones stopped on the side waiting for you to drive by. I also hear cops like domestic over imports.. but if you're tuned out it prolly doesn't matter.

Aleksey: Your story is epic. Not many get a happy ending like that. Good thing you went to their sergeant, not the desk officer. A lot o cops join just to be dicks and wield power, screw them. Gives the rest a bad name.

I get on cops in my area, everytime I get pulled over I request presinct and badge number. Even if I am at fault, its a fun scare tactic and its got me out of a lot of hefty as tickets *cough* 89 in a 65 *cough*
Back to top Go down
Derke

Derke

PostSubject: Re: Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)   Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:30 am

Aleksey wrote:
Derke wrote:

I get on cops in my area, everytime I get pulled over I request presinct and badge number. Even if I am at fault, its a fun scare tactic and its got me out of a lot of hefty as tickets *cough* 89 in a 65 *cough*

Precinct matters, not just badge number? I figure if theyre LASD theyre LASD..
Back to top Go down
Aleksey
Admin
Aleksey

PostSubject: Re: Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)   Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:32 pm

Derke wrote:
Aleksey wrote:
Derke wrote:

Precinct matters, not just badge number? I figure if theyre LASD theyre LASD..

Well our local PD branches around Northridge, Granada Hills, Ventura, Van Nuys, etc. They all patrol into other cities so you never know whos who anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)   Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuck The Police! (Share Your LAPD Shenanigans)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tuners Of Los Angeles :: Community :: Legal Talk-
Jump to: