Tuners Of Los Angeles
Welcome to TLA! If you are a new user be sure to check the TLAID Database for your TLA Identification Number! This can be used to meet new drivers on the street as well as score discounts from some of the local performance shops and vendors! Thank you.
Tuners Of Los Angeles
Welcome to TLA! If you are a new user be sure to check the TLAID Database for your TLA Identification Number! This can be used to meet new drivers on the street as well as score discounts from some of the local performance shops and vendors! Thank you.
Tuners Of Los Angeles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all the tuner drivers and enthusiasts from the Los Angeles County area and our neighboring cities.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5 point race harness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Displacement

Displacement

5 point race harness Empty
PostSubject: 5 point race harness   5 point race harness EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Someone mentioned to me that having an aftermarket race harness is illegal. Anyone know the facts on this.
Back to top Go down
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: 5 point race harness   5 point race harness EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:02 pm

its probably a law for the ricer boys.

just sayin
Back to top Go down
Aleksey
Admin
Aleksey

PostSubject: Re: 5 point race harness   5 point race harness EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:28 pm

It's probably not the harness itself that the safety patrol is worried about, but the inconsistent mounting methods that vary from car to car. If someone chooses to bolt their harness in with little bitty screws and no backing plates, it'll look safe but be about as effective as spaghetti in an actual crash. By dictating that you use factory seat belts, you can be reasonably sure that the anchors are up to the task of restraining the passenger. Safe? Sure. If you know how to equip them. As far as legalities go, I haven't heard of it being illegal, but if it is I can definitely see why. I checked the CHP website, and LAPD, and LADOT websites as well. They seem legal. Just enjoy while you can Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/alekseyroyt/ardesigns
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: 5 point race harness   5 point race harness EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Actuallllllllllllllly, you can get harassed by cops because of a 5 point harness. I believe they are not DOT approved and only FIA approved. butttttt schroth racing harnesses are NHTSA legal. which i think will pass on the streets.

you only have to worry about those certain cops that will pull you over for that..

Back to top Go down
Aleksey
Admin
Aleksey

PostSubject: Re: 5 point race harness   5 point race harness EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Yeah to an extent I guess it would depend on the pursuing officer. Most officers have better things to do unless you are being a wise ass. Just stay polite and respectful I am sure they wont even care.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/alekseyroyt/ardesigns
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: 5 point race harness   5 point race harness EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:53 pm

Aleksey wrote:
Yeah to an extent I guess it would depend on the pursuing officer. Most officers have better things to do unless you are being a wise ass. Just stay polite and respectful I am sure they wont even care.

couldnt have said that better myself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 point race harness   5 point race harness Empty

Back to top Go down

5 point race harness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tuners Of Los Angeles :: Community :: Legal Talk-
Jump to: