Tuners Of Los Angeles
Welcome to TLA! If you are a new user be sure to check the TLAID Database for your TLA Identification Number! This can be used to meet new drivers on the street as well as score discounts from some of the local performance shops and vendors! Thank you.
Tuners Of Los Angeles
Welcome to TLA! If you are a new user be sure to check the TLAID Database for your TLA Identification Number! This can be used to meet new drivers on the street as well as score discounts from some of the local performance shops and vendors! Thank you.
Tuners Of Los Angeles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all the tuner drivers and enthusiasts from the Los Angeles County area and our neighboring cities.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1993 C4 Corvette LT1 Supercharged Build

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Displacement

Displacement

1993 C4 Corvette LT1 Supercharged Build Empty
PostSubject: 1993 C4 Corvette LT1 Supercharged Build   1993 C4 Corvette LT1 Supercharged Build EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Alright here goes the build, I'll update progressively by elongating original post with edit.

1993 C4 Corvette Lt1 Targa Coupe. Lt1 6M
140k miles
43k since rebuild

Supercharged with a V1 Vortech Supercharger, making 6 psi. It has stock injectors and a fuel management unit to support fuel needs.

It also has a catback, not sure what brand came with car. Other then these two things, car is relatively factory.
It has a pearlescent paint that changes colors, I don't like it so I fucked it all up.

I also put c5 thin spoke rims on it.
Got it running better, changed my plugs to 2 heat ranges colder with ngk TR7ix
Just dropped alum radiator in it not too long ago.
Cross frame bar. Bad for clearance but good for structural stability.

I'm in the middle of a brake upgrade. I have the C5 ZO6 calipers and conversion brackets, still need to buy stainless steel lines, dot 4 brake fluid, and new pads and rotors.
waiting for some more funds.

Changes coming soon (no order):
Ditch FMU and buy new e-prom (ecu) and buy data logging equipment and 66lb/hr injectors
Long Tube headers with cutouts behind them, drop cats, and remove center muffler to replace with x-pipe
Aem filter (Stupid spectre on it right now)
Rear gears. Going from my current 3.07 to 3.73 My 4th tops at 135 WAYYYYYY too high.
Of coarse fresh paint, being done by a family friend for cost of supplies. Going Spiral Gray.
Rims will be powder coated black.
Grand sport fender stripes.
Haven't decided if I'm going to keep the body kit or not yet.
HIDs just white because I cant see shit at night.
And gm hot cam out of the lt4 along with supporting valvetrain.
Clutch.
And Suspension changes;
Corvette specific rear and front leaf springs
Bilstien shocks front and rear.
Poly everything.
Lowering bolts. Ride height will come wayyyyy down.

I want a secondary set of track tires/rims.

I'm going to cap it there. Need to start saving for a track project. 1990s SL500 R129 Chassis LS-T56 powered drift car.

UNLESS my engine grenades.
Then buy a stroked, bored, fully forged 383 or 396 short block for ~3k that can handle more psi. Port the heads to drop CR, and up the boost with water meth. At the end I'm thinking ~15 PSI on pump gas for around 600wtq/whp. And of coarse other supporting mods, strengthening the drivetrain.

Back to top Go down

1993 C4 Corvette LT1 Supercharged Build
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tuners Of Los Angeles :: Tech Talk :: Domestic-
Jump to: