Tuners Of Los Angeles
Welcome to TLA! If you are a new user be sure to check the TLAID Database for your TLA Identification Number! This can be used to meet new drivers on the street as well as score discounts from some of the local performance shops and vendors! Thank you.
Tuners Of Los Angeles
Welcome to TLA! If you are a new user be sure to check the TLAID Database for your TLA Identification Number! This can be used to meet new drivers on the street as well as score discounts from some of the local performance shops and vendors! Thank you.
Tuners Of Los Angeles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all the tuner drivers and enthusiasts from the Los Angeles County area and our neighboring cities.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm one lucky s.o.b

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
heevs10

heevs10

I'm one lucky s.o.b Empty
PostSubject: I'm one lucky s.o.b   I'm one lucky s.o.b EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Okay...this just happened two days ago.

I was coming from my friend's house and I was speeding as usual. Next thing I know, two girls in a stupid, slow, Nissan Versa are speeding next to me. Kept going on and on, so I decided to just show them who's boss at a red light. I have a Golf MKV R32. I turn ESP off (traction control off), I switch into tiptronic, my left foot is on the brake, my right is on the gas, and I rev up to around 2400rpm. As soon as it turned green, I let off the brake and launched 0 to around 45-50mph in a matter of seconds. I come to another red light, the girls already left somewhere and I love doing launch controls, I was pumped up by now.

I decide to do it again...it was a four-way intersection controlled by traffic lights. I went for it, passed the first car that was on the other side of the intersection...and then...a car behind that first car I passed makes a U-turn, you know what it is...I see the white background with gold letters that spelled "SHERIFF" as it turned, and the blue, red and spot lights on my rearview mirror. I was already at another intersection and I turned right. At this time, I'm like "wtf do I do, I can't believe I'm getting my first ticket bla bla bla" I passed another intersection going around 40mph (the cop thought I was going to stop because I kept breaking when I was doubting) but as soon as I passed that intersection I then see he got stopped by the red light and a Chevrolet Suburban SUV. As the cop thought I was stopping, I'm guessing he was prepared to see me when I turned right but I was already at another intersection 100-200 yards away.

The fun part. As soon as I saw he was stopped by the light and the SUV, it was a matter of mili seconds until I realized that this was my GO to not get a ticket...I nailed it...took another right, passed one, two intersections, the last one was on yellow about to turn red, it turned red when I was about to pass but went for it.

I get to my place, I park my car, I sit there for 10 minutes thinking "I can't believe I just fucking did that, I'm so fucking stupid, I could of gotten arrested for running away bla bla bla" BUT at the same time, it felt good but definitely don't want to try that one again. I'm one lucky s.o.b.
Back to top Go down
Aleksey
Admin
Aleksey

PostSubject: Re: I'm one lucky s.o.b   I'm one lucky s.o.b EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Better hope he didn't get your plate # bro, that shit will come back on you. Given he can't prove shit but you still have to go to court and what not. I've had speeding and traffic tickets MAILED to me...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/alekseyroyt/ardesigns
Displacement

Displacement

PostSubject: Re: I'm one lucky s.o.b   I'm one lucky s.o.b EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:03 pm

NIOCEEE

I MAY or may not have had a few experiences in my past.

Just chiggity check yourself before you reck yoself.
Back to top Go down
heevs10

heevs10

PostSubject: Re: I'm one lucky s.o.b   I'm one lucky s.o.b EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm sure he didn't get em because he was at least 100 yards away from me every single time I saw him at the rear view and well, they don't know if its really my car lol they cite the driver in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Displacement

Displacement

PostSubject: Re: I'm one lucky s.o.b   I'm one lucky s.o.b EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:07 pm

The whole driver thing is very true!

I know that for red light camera tickets, they have to be able to see your face in order to give you a ticket.
Often glare, masks, or other obstructions, even covering your face with your hands can get you out of one because they cant prove its you driving. Also its not required by law to tell the judge or who ever, who was actually driving your car.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
heevs10

heevs10

PostSubject: Re: I'm one lucky s.o.b   I'm one lucky s.o.b EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:19 pm

Well, it was 10pm and it was just a normal light with no cameras...he just saw my car fly by then made the u-turn and probably had no time to even have a peak on my plates lol but yeah my gps somehow tells me there are cameras at some lights lol it comes in handy Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm one lucky s.o.b   I'm one lucky s.o.b Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm one lucky s.o.b
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tuners Of Los Angeles :: Community :: Legal Talk-
Jump to: