Tuners Of Los Angeles
Welcome to TLA! If you are a new user be sure to check the TLAID Database for your TLA Identification Number! This can be used to meet new drivers on the street as well as score discounts from some of the local performance shops and vendors! Thank you.
Tuners Of Los Angeles
Welcome to TLA! If you are a new user be sure to check the TLAID Database for your TLA Identification Number! This can be used to meet new drivers on the street as well as score discounts from some of the local performance shops and vendors! Thank you.
Tuners Of Los Angeles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all the tuner drivers and enthusiasts from the Los Angeles County area and our neighboring cities.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Displacement

Displacement

New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon Empty
PostSubject: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:48 pm

CAR TOTALED

Picked up a couple weeks ago on my birthday.

156k OG miles.
Everything works except one window ):
Runs great. Drives okay. (needs alignment and fresh tires)

Has cut springs and rest of the car is stock atm.
Cut springs because they don't make suspension specific springs for this car, except for ones that can run up to 1200 for coil overs, which IMO are not needed. It's my new DD.
With shocks to match the travel of the shorter springs it actually handles and feels fine around town, although I do get some complaints for people in my back seat of harshness over big bumps. But they can just stfu.
Fresh shocks. KYB in the back, and off brand up front.

I think I'm going to start with rims and tires.
I am looking at 15 or 16 inch rims by either 8-11 inch wide with a low offset. The lower the better.
The bolt pattern is 4x114.3, and is the same as a lot of jdm cars of the same era.
I'm thinking gold would look nice on the factory white.

I'm debating still if I should go to a one a day Maaco type thing for a fresh coat of white, or leave the factory white. It's peelin and faded in some areas.

Other than that, I'm also getting all the windows tinted, the front ones not too much, and the windshield maybe just a fade.

I also am going to piece together a nice sound system. Don't know much about sound systems, but I like having trunk space, so I may go bazooka tubes instead of the twin 10"s I had planned.

And last but not least a nice little exhaust is in the works. It's going to be an off brand flow master 50 series, (which sounds exactly like the super loud monster sick race car sounding 40 series, but only more quiet) dropped cat, all through a 2.5 inch pipe. Give it a nice rumble without calling for too much attention.

As this is my dd gas saver, I don't plan on doing anything else and plan on cutting it off there.

One day If the engine dies, I will put a 2jz and slap a pretty tune on it with a monster turbo. Sleeper sickness.
Especially since 2jz can be found pretty cheap, considering all the potential.

Pics coming soon.

Last edited by Displacement on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:18 pm

cheers

my buddy with the mr2.
knows a special MAACO that does a good paint job. 800~ for a really decent spray..

you just need to know one of the workers at that maaco.
Back to top Go down
Displacement

Displacement

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:39 pm

8 bills huh?
I may be down, was hoping for even less. But if it's above average paint job, I'd be super down!!!
I washed it today, I thought it just needed a good wash to look better. It looked pretty much exactly the same before and after Neutral
Back to top Go down
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Displacement wrote:
8 bills huh?
I may be down, was hoping for even less. But if it's above average paint job, I'd be super down!!!
I washed it today, I thought it just needed a good wash to look better. It looked pretty much exactly the same before and after Neutral

how about some clay?
Back to top Go down
Displacement

Displacement

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 pm

I dont think the clay will help, the top coat is gone, and it's been exposed for quite some time it seems like. The sun has eaten up the paint.

I think I'ma remove some of the faded chrome trim too.
Back to top Go down
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:42 pm

ahh.. dang
Back to top Go down
Displacement

Displacement

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Its all good, it has that used look ya know. Once everything else is done, then I MAY paint it, not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 pm

nah. we did a good job with a spray can on the vette

its all good lol!
Back to top Go down
Displacement

Displacement

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:47 pm

lol member the devons both trying to spray and not doing a very good job.
Back to top Go down
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 pm

devon go sidetracked trying to tag his name all over your car... lol
Back to top Go down
Displacement

Displacement

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:51 pm

the other devon just put a big spot on the hood.
Back to top Go down
I.Scrape

I.Scrape

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:51 pm

good times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon   New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon Empty

Back to top Go down

New build 1981 Cressida Station Wagon
Page 1 of 1